Sentei Garden Scissors Uekibasami
Fab little garden scissors, absolutely brilliant for cut flowers, dead-heading and light pruning, as well as for pottering about aimlessly looking for something to snip.
Sharp, precise blades make for satisfying, clean cuts on softer green stems, as well as being beefy enough to cut through woodier stems up to around pencil thickness.
The traditional round handles are easy to grab, comfy to hold, and allow for the perfect sensitivity of delicate and accurate cuts, combined with great grip for more substantial stuff. They’re fairly small, perfect for smaller hands and jobs in the garden and the home.
- 172 x 102 x 17mm
- 50mm blades
- Max cut Ø5mm
- KA-70 Carbon Steel
- Made in Japan
Most of our sharp tools are made from carbon steel - this means they will, through regular use, stain (and eventually rust) and gradually lose their edge. Caring for them involves three things…
1. Correct Use:
- Japanese steel is hard and sharp, and can be more brittle than some people are used to - it will chip if abused
- Do not cut wire, metal, stone, plastic or any other hard material (even bamboo fibres and some very hard woods, especially knots and burrs, can damage steel edges)
- Do not twist or apply uneven pressure
- Cut diagonally across branches (not straight across) so you cut along the fibres
- Pay attention to our maximum cut dimensions, and don’t overdo it (shears are not loppers)
- Use the base of the blades, not the tips, for heavier cuts
2. Keeping Them Clean:
- Remove leaf resin, rust and gunk with a Crean Mate and water
- Dry, wipe over with Camellia oil and store in a dry place