String Pocket in White/Oak
- A furniture delivery surcharge will be applicable on this item. Please contact us for a quote prior to purchase.
- Included : 2 side panels and 3 shelves
- Materials : white painted metal and white laquered wood
- Total dimensions : 65 x 15 x 50 cm
- White powder coated steel side panels and oak wood shelves
The String® Pocket is the complete shelving package. Originally created in 1949 by the Swedish architect and designer Nisse Strinning it is now available in oak with white side panels.
String® pocket is the little brother of the String® shelving system, suitable for CD's, DVD,s and pocket books. The structure of this Swedish classic is light weight, yet stable. String® pocket is simple to assemble and put up. Items are kept in place by the side panels.
This functionality and the timeless design are the reasons why String® still attracts attention after 60 years.
1949: Winner of Bonniers bookshelf competition.
1954: Awarded gold medal, Triennale, Milan.
1954: Exhibition “Design in Scandinavia”, USA.
1955: Exhibition “H55”, Helsingborg, Sweden.
1993: Awarded Excellent Swedish Design by Svensk Form.
1999: Strinning honoured Classic Award by Svensk Form.